Some Spooky Cocktails for the Halloween Weekend
We’ve all seen the Vampire wines and the other Halloween themed wines that have themed names. But what if you just want a plain great, unique cocktail to serve at your party this year? We have found a couple wine and beer based recipes that will fit perfectly into your theme and your weekend.
- 4 oz Champagne
- 4 oz chilled stout
- Pour the Champagne into a beer mug, pint glass or Champagne flute.
- Combine Acai juice and fresh lime with fresh ice in a cocktail shaker and shake.
- Strain into a chilled martini glass and top with champagne.
- Serve with a fresh lime wedge.
BLOOD RED SANGRIA
- 1 Bottle of “blood” red wine (Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Rioja reds, Zinfandel, Shiraz)
- 2 Cups ginger ale or club soda
- 1 Orange cut into wedges
- 1 Lemon cut into wedges
- 1/4 Cup sugar
- Dash of grenadine syrup (optional, for darker “bloodlike” color)
- Gummy worms, gummy bugs, or spooky hard candy eyes
- For extra Halloween fun, you can freeze those plastic spiders in spooky shaped ice cube trays for the ice mix-ins.
Addition ideas: sliced strawberries, peaches, handful of fresh blueberries, raspberries, kiwi, a shot or two of gin, brandy or rum, or olives for “eyeballs.” You might also consider adding black plastic spider rings to the stem of the wine glasses for further “effect.”
THE BANSHEE – RED MULLED WINE
- One bottle of red wine (suggestions: Cabernet Sauvignon, Zinfandel, Merlot or a Spanish red)
- One peeled and sliced orange (keep peel to add zest to taste into cooking pot)
- One peeled and sliced lemon (keep peel to add zest to taste in cooking pot)
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 5 whole cloves
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 1/2 cup sugar (or honey can be substituted)
- 2/3 cup brandy or cognac
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 part Vodka
- 4 parts of sparkling wine
- Dash of simple syrup
- 1 heaping teaspoon pumpkin butter
- Pinch of pumpkin pie spice
- dried apple chip for garnish
- Place Vodka, pumpkin butter, spice and syrup in the bottom of a champagne glass.
- Stir well.
- Top with sparkling wine and garnish.
- 1 1/2 oz. Gin
- 1/2 oz. Moscato wine
- 3/4 oz. home-made citrus peel grenadine syrup (recipe below)
- 3 candy corns for garnish
- Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake very well.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Garnish with 3 candy corns.