James Beard Final Nominees, New Decanted Blogger
James Beard Announces Final 2011 Nominees
The James Beard Foundation has released their final nominees for the 2011 awards. The “Oscars” of the food and beverage industry, the James Beard award is the most prestigious award an individual in this industry can receive. We’d like to go ahead and congratulate some of our favorite individuals & groups in the industry just for the nomination….
- Vetri, Philadelphia, PA; Outstanding Restaurant Nominee
- Per Se, New York, NY; Outstanding Service Nominee
- Sam Calagione, Dogfish Head; Outstanding Wine & Spirits Professional Nominee
- Merry Edwards, Merry Edwards; Outstanding Wine & Spirits Professional Nominee
- Wylie Dufresne, wd-50; Best Chef: NYC Nominee
- Ryan Hardy, Montagna at the Little Nell (Aspen, CO); Best Chef: Southwest Nominee (we’re pulling for our second home here!!!!)
And of course congratulations to Kevin Zraly, winner of the 2011 James Beard Lifetime Achievement award. Much deserved, Mr. Zraly has made arguably the biggest impact on wine education to date.
To view the full list of nominees, click here.
Decanted Welcomes New Blogger
We are excited to welcome our co-owner & wine buyer for Decanted, Al Fialkovich, to our ever growing blog! Al will be keeping a micro-blog, “Big Al’s Wine Blog,” to keep us all up to date on what he’s tasting and what’s new and exciting in the world of wine as it applies to our store. This blog will be slightly uncensored with brutally honest reviews…but for those who know Al personally, know that this is the only way we’ll be able to keep him interested!